Tteokbokki




A food that is featured a lot in mukbangs is tteokbokki. Tteokbokki is a Korean street food that is basically spicy rice cakes. It can also include things like fish cakes, cabbage, eggs, and as featured in the mukbang community, lots and lots of cheese. If ramen is added to the dish it becomes “rabokki”. This is personally one of my favorite Korean dishes and I actually eat it pretty frequently. It is very easy to make or if you would like to buy it premade, it is commonly on the menu of most Korean restaurants. If you live on Oahu and are interested in trying tteokbokki, I usually get mine pre-made at Palama Supermarket, or from Ireh (Korean Restaurant). I recommend trying it with the cheese.

Here is a mukbang featuring rabokki (tteokbokki with ramen):

https://youtu.be/fKycp70n7EY

Comments

  1. I believe I've tried this once before and it was really good! Not much Korean food gets presented to me, but this was something I remember liking a lot. Nice to know the actual name of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like tteokbokki, it is one of my favorite Korean dish. But I've only eaten tteokbokki in Hawaii and always want to go to Korea to try the authentic tteokbokki. Do you happen to know if there is any difference between the one in Korea and Hawaii??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kyoho Grape Jelly

Tanghulu