Fire noodles

 


Fire noodles are one of the most frequently featured foods in mukbang videos. The term “fire noodles” refers to the Samyang instant spicy chicken ramen and they taste just as they sound. They have a delicious chicken flavor followed by 4,400 scovilles of pain. There are different versions of the fire noodles including carbonara, cheese, 2x spicy and even a 4x spicy version. The heat of this dish has caused a lot of people to make challenges out of finishing a pack of this ramen. Mukbangers also frequently add mozzarella cheese to this dish and eat it with tteokbokki (mentioned in the 4th blog post) which helps to tone down the heat a bit and allow the dish to be more enjoyable. I have tried fire noodles and have gotten my friends and family obsessed with them. I don't dare to eat the 2x spicy one as the original fire noodles pack more than enough heat for me. Some mukbangers have an incredible tolerance for spicy foods and eating the fire noodles seems like no challenge to them. For example, mukbanger Veronica Wang finished 3 packs of 2x spicy fire noodles in under 3 minutes! I'm not sure what mukbangers are more attracted to about this dish, the taste or the heat it packs.

If you live on Oahu and want to try fire noodles, you can buy them at Don Quijote or Palama market.

Veronica Wang extreme spicy noodle challenge video:

https://youtu.be/ys_FvKapA0A

Comments

  1. The fire noodle are so good but it's so painful to eat. Adding mozzarella would be amazing, I have to try it out next time I get the noodle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend told me to try the 2x spicy noodle and I was dying after taking couple slurps. The instant that flavoring touched my lips, it started burning my lips and it also started burning my tongue and throat. I can't imagine how bad the 4x noodles are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kyoho Grape Jelly

Tanghulu